Tuesday, July 27, 2010

An Updated Beauty From the Past

A little while ago a pair of 1960's wall sconces caught my eye while looking around Etsy. I just had to order them. When they arrived they were painted a bright yellow but had a couple of spots where they majorly needed a touch up. I decided to repaint them.

Thats when my imagination took over and below is the end result.









This pair of baroque style, upcycled, vintage wall sconces add a touch of elegance and class to any room and are 100% one of a kind.

They are hand painted a beautiful yellow, dark purple, and black. They are then varnished for added durability and scratch prevention.

They are 13 inches tall, 4 1/2 inches wide, and the candle holder comes out about 5 inches from the wall.

I think they turned out beautifully and I enjoyed the process so much that I may just find other vintage items I can make shine again.

Does anyone know of a store with reasonably priced, untouched vintage items?

No comments:

Post a Comment